Part 29 - Our Little Secret by Harshita Malik

"Our Little Secret

By - Harshita Malik

Part - 29


Part--29
OUR LITTLE SECRET...
A week later..
I can talk again but I can't walk.Randhir has been here every day since it happened .Mom still thinks that he is a school freind and dad is still in coma.Mom is so worried about him it seems like her life has gone with his silence.
"And then there are fireworks"Randhir says moving his hand in the air like they are the fireworks he is talking about .He is lying down next to me and telling me a story.
"And do u know they reminded me of?"He asks looking at me.
"What?"
"The way ur eyes sparkle when u laugh""we smile together and I kiss him passionately.after that I put my head on his chest and he embrace me in his arms.
"I love y"he says kissing my forehead.I almost say it back but yet again I am stopped from saying it bcoz a Dr walks in.
Randhir takes his arms back and we sit up.
"Hello miss Sanyukta, how are u I have a good news for u"I smile thinking about dad.
"Mom"I try to yell,but it doesn't work but still she wakes up.
"What?"she asks.
"He has a good news"Randhir says looking towards him.
"Everything is looking great now so i think u can go home now"He says and I smile.but what about dad?
"Nothing has changed as per ur dad"he added.and our smile fades away.
"What does that mean..!mom ask.
"If he doesn't improve in a few days....you might need to consider some decisions."the Dr say trying to sound as polite as possible.He wants us to shut the machine..the only one keeping him alive.
"No"I say.
"Sanyukta"mom says.
"No we are not shutting off the life support"I say as tears starts to form at the corner of my eyes.
"I am sorry miss"the Dr says and I just shake my head.I take the covers off,and swings my legs over the edge of the bed trying to get up.with right leg with the plaster,when Randhir Dr and mom yell at me.I scream with pain and everyone runs to me.
"Sanyukta stop it"mom yells at me and Randhir trying to make me sit back.
"No i want to see dad"I say.
"No Sanyukta not now, we will talk about it at home"mom says.I look over at her with anger in my eyes,I catch a tear slip down her cheek right before she wipes it away.and the anger inside me all take away.she is going to loose her best freind.
"Thanku,now I will complete some formalities regarding u"the Dr says and went away with mom behind him.
I look up at Randhir ,he looks at me and a tear fall down my cheek and he holds me in a tight hug.I swears that every time he hugs me like this I feel like I am safe from all harms.
"It will be ok,sanyukta"he says running his hands up and down my back.
"Randhir its my fault, Iwas the reason behind it"I say pulling away.
"Things aren't going to get better by blaming urself"he says.
"It really was,I was yelling at him..to turn around but he wouldn't..then we went over the bridge.."and I close my eyes stopping there.
"There is nothing u could have done from making him not go off that road,it was meant to be happen"he explains wrapping his arms around me again.
"Besides who says he won't wake up any second?"he says.He is right I cant loose my hope.
"What do u think will happen?"I ask.
"I don't no only time can tell,"he say.
We sit there in each others arms not wanting to let go.
"You are almost there"Randhir says as he keeps his arms tight around my waist helping me to the car.right before I just sit back down,he pushes me by my butt ,helping me over.
"Randhir!"I say as he smirks at me.
"I couldn't resist"He says with a wink causing me to laugh.
Mom starts to pull out of the hospital.and Randhir starts to pinch my arm,I hit him slightly on the leg.and he grabs my hand entwining our fingers.I smile at him and he smiles back.I tapp over his nose.
"You are adorable"I say,he taps my nose making him tickle a bit.
"I know"
"I don't know what I would do without u"I say,he smiles a little.
"Lets see u would probably still be stuck in that ditch from the first time we met"he says causing both of us to laugh a little.
"Or offering knife to some crazy kid who really would stab me"I say and we both laugh again.
"Gosh!u are crazy"He says making me roll my eyes but then he kisses top of my head.
"Its only one of the many things I love about my Sanyukta"He says squeezing our hands...

......To be Continue in the next Part !!



Read Next Part 30 - Click Here


Read Previous Part 28 - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Our Writers Category