Part 35 - Our Little Secret by Harshita Malik

"Our Little Secret

By - Harshita Malik

Part - 35


Part-35...
OUR LITTLE SECRET....

Mom runs her fingers across the door frame,and looks inside our house.She looks at me for a minute ,and back to the house.
"We won't be gone long.we will be OK"She tells herself as she turns and walks towards car.She says that even though we both have no idea if that will be true.All we have is hope.
I look inside our house,at the kitchen and smile as memory of Randhir and I come up.The time he blindfolded me,and he fed me things that I had no idea what they were,until he kissed me.My smile quickly fades as I realize that they are only memories.

After few minutes we were sitting at the airport waiting for the flight which is 30 minutes late.
I think about everything starting with Dad,He is so weak and so Ill.Like the doctor said ,it really could be years until we get home back....I wonder what Randhir would be like 5 yrs from now?He would probably look the same,and act the same,but I am sure he would have a new girl that he was ready to marry by then.
I look away from my hands,and over to the windows staring at the cars outside of it.I can't be thinking about things like that.It will only put me in a depressed mood,and I can't be that way.I look over at mom who is twiddling her thumbs.I have to be strong.For mom and myself.
That was something I always loved about Randhir.He was always there for me when I needed him.He would stay with me and hug me extra tight bcoz he knew I was trying to be too strong.He could always tell my different emotions when I would tell him different,and even when I was in a terrible mood,and he wanted to slap me,he stayed calm and was there for me.Every.Step.Of.The.Way.
"Hey Sanyukta,thanku "mom starts to say making me snap out of my thoughts. I stare at him confused.
"You could have stayed with Randhir but yet you choose to be with ur dad and i,I truly appreciate that"I can't help but to smile with her as she is saying it.
"And i know you ,and Randhir kind of faught about it,and I know u till choose us"she stares and my smiles fades away,causing me to look down my hands.
"But another will come along who will,support all of ur choices"She explains.I give her a fake smile,and nod.
After few seconds our flight announcement occur,so we stand and take our tickets ,we turn .
"Hey!"I hear someone yell behind us,and it causes mom and I to turn around to the people behind us.voice come again.
"Sanyukta"He sound me of my name,it gives me shivers .I take a few step closer ,and looks past of all the people to see someone running this way.
"Excuse me,pardon me"They kept saying over and over again,working their way through the crowd.As soon as i saw his brown hair,pushing throw the crowd,I started to do the same.I look forward,and Randhir has finally made it to the front of the crowd.He was passing the crowd.
Randhir doesn't look the same.His hair isn't as neat,and his eyes are red and puffy.its like he is been crying.
"You have to let me through"Randhir says,to the lady who took our tickets but she denies him.
"Randhir,what are u doing him?"I ask as reaity hits him .I am acting stupid.I am acting like I am in one of those movies where we will hug,and everything will be perfect again.But like I said,reality hits me.
Randhir stands there and stares me for a moment.I don't know if he is speechless on what to say,or if he is surprised by what I just said that him.Did he think we could just make up like that?
"I am here to see you?"He says like he is broken.
"Why?"I ask.
"Randhir ,you know we are not together anymore"I say
"I know sanyukta,I am sorry.I said the wrong thing ,and I just upset that you were leaving .I didn't think it through on how you are feeling about everything.That should have been my number one,but it wasn't and I am sorry."He says.A couple girls standing in line give him an awe.
"Did u except me to come here,and everything be OK?"I ask breaking my own heart as the words came out.what am i doing?I could be with him again...and I am letting him go.
"I was sure hoping"He says not taking his eyes off at me.
"Randhir,I am leaving ,we won't see each other"I explain.
"Sanyukta,I love you.With all of my heart.I will make sure,we make times to see each other no matter how far away you are,I will always make time to see you."He says,I feel a tear down my cheeks ,and i quickly wipe it away before he notices.
"Randhir we said somethings....that i don't know if they can be fixed"I say looking back up at him
"I know we said somethings but sanyu,I was just upset to know you are going to be that far from me....but i am willing to make it work.'He explains .I sigh.
"Randhir do u have any idea,how far Mumbai is from Banglore?"
"918 miles"He says,I stare at him confused for a minute.
"Sanyu,all i have been able to think about is you lately.How far u will be,and how hard it will be.But I am willing to drive 918 miles,to see you.I am willing to drive the hours,and 39 minutes just to see you."He says.
"You are the only thing I can think about,and I don't want to picture my life without you.Bcoz a life without you,wouldn't be a life at all."He says.The girls in the crowd start to do awe again,and Randhir look at the ticket lady.
"Please, just for a minute?"He says.She sighs and give him direction.Randhir walks over to me,and grabs my hand and tries to entwine our fingers,but I pull my hand.
"Sanyukta,I need to ask you something"He says I just stare at him,still speechless.
"Will you give me another chance?"He asks,I bat away tears.
"I love you"I say,He smiles and wraps his arms around me.
"I love you too"And with that ,he leans in and kisses me like he never has before.


......To be Continue in the next Part !!



Read Next Part 36 - Click Here


Read Previous Part 34 - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Our Writers Category