Part 38 - Our Little Secret by Harshita Malik

"Our Little Secret

By - Harshita Malik

Part - 38

Part-38...
OUR LITTLE SECRET....

I stare at mom not really knowing what to say.I pick the phone up off the ground,"whats going on?"Randhir ask.
"Randhir,I have to go,Dad is awake"I say and he remain quiet.He is probably having the same reaction I was.I hit the off button without saying bye and we and mom went to hospital which is not much far away from our house.
We quickly reach on the floor where dad is admit,we were so short of breath but still we continue running...
"Mrs,Agarwal, can I see you outside of the room please?"Dr ask her as we enter in the room.
"Sure"she says,but she lets the dr lead the way out as if the extra few seconds she has to look at him are priceless.She goes out and walk over near to Dad,its now time to face him.He walks up to me and smiles.I feel a tear slide down my cheek.I never thought I would see that smile again.
Without even giving it a second thought ,I run over and wraps my arms around him tightly.He hugs me back too but not as tight as what he usually does.I let go of him,and sit down on his bed as we stare at each other.
"How are you feeling?"I ask.He shrugs his shoulder.
"OK,I guess"He says.I have missed his voice so much,I nod and look down at my hands.it goes for silent for a minute,and I know what's on both of our minds.
"Dad,I am sorry"i say looking back up at him.He sighs.
"For?"He asks.
"Everything, its my fault"I say.
"How is it your fault that I have cancer?"He ask.I sigh.He know that's not what i am talking about.
"I am not talking about Cancer"
"Then what are u talking about?"He ask.
"The car accident"
"How is my driving ur fault?"He asks puzzled.
"Dad,please"I say getting bit angry.
"Stop,what?I am not doing anything.I am just telling you my driving isn't ur fault"He says and I know he is trying to make me feel guilty.I put my heads in my hands not really wanting to look back up at him.
"Well then i will move on next thing"I say knowing what's coming ,But he has to know I am not leaving Randhir.
"And what's that?"He ask.
"Randhir"I say looking back at him even though I don't want to.But he has to know i am serious.
"Who?'dad ask.
"Randhir.my boyfriend"I say making sure he know we are together.Dad just stare at me for a minute,not saying anything.that's when mom come slamming the door.I look over at her and she has tear stains on her cheek.He emotions on her face are sad and angry.The new that the doctor told her must not be too good.
"Amnesia"She says looking at me.
"What?"I ask confused.
"What about amnesia ?"I ask.
"Jack has amnesia"she says as another tear falls down her cheek.I look over to dad,how just stares at both of us.No wonder he asked who Randhir was,and wondered why I was apologizing for the car accident that he was driving.He doesn't remember any of it.
"Do u know who I am?"I ask and feel tears forming at the rim of my eyes,but I just hold them back.Now is not the time to cry.
"Of course"dad,says.
"You are my daughter, Sanyukta"He adds.I look back over to mom confused.
"He has Retrograde amnesia.its when he can't remember anything from the past year.But it slowly comes back through the years in flashback"she explains and i look over at Dad.
In the past year I have graduated college,came home ,mom and him had their 30th anniversary.Dad even turned 49.so it means he doesn't remember that night of the accident,...and not also about Randhir.
That also means that I could tell him that Randhir is a friend from school like mom thinks.
I look back at Dad who is now talking with mom,they are holding hands as they talk and smiling at each other...
I guess we have to continue our little secret....


......To be Continue in the next Part !!



Read Next Part 39 - Click Here


Read Previous Part 37 - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Our Writers Category