Part 28 - Our Little Secret by Harshita Malik

"Our Little Secret

By - Harshita Malik

Part - 28


Part-28,.
OUR LITTLE SECRET..
There is a maze set in front of me,but its not like any other maze ,it has two ending spots.But the craziest part is ,I know how to get to the end of both of them. How?I have absolutely no idea.I climb on the top of one of the bushes,and peaks over the maze to the left side.At the end of that path,there stands mom and dad who are holding hands and smiling to each other.Its like they are confident about something.May be they except me to follow down that path to them,and as soon I get down thats probably what I will do
I scoot back on the bushes and start to get down when something from the right side catches my eyes.its the end of the other path.But there is no mom and dad standing over there but a house.its the house Randhir and I started building together .I smile at the view of it ,but then someone catches my eye as someone walk around from the back,and stands on the porch.I squint my eyes to see that he is Randhir .A smile comes to my face but then quickly fades as I realize what has been set out infront of me.
Its a decision of who I love more.
I know I have to make a decision.Do I love Randhir so much that I would give up my family for him?Or do I love mom and dad enough that I would give up the boy that I love with everything I have got?I sigh knowing which choice is the right choice and I know that's the choice I will make.
That's when I hear a beeping that startles me for a minute .it beeps at the rate of what ur hand would be throbbing if u smashed it in a car door.I find myself looking up at the sky,above me is a dark cloud and then it is all around me as if I was flying and I am not in the middle.that's when I open my eyes that are almost swelled shut.
I look around the pale room and due to this pain in my neck throb and I let out a moan.
"Sanyukta?"I hear a familiar voice ask.that is mom.
"Sanyukta?"she almost yells and hold my hands in her.
"Doctor"she yells.
"How do u feel?"He ask.I open my mouth to talk but I regret that too,and I wince at the pain.
"It will be best to move as little as possible for the next couple of days,you are pretty bruised up and you will definitely be sore"he explain.
"You broke ur leg Sanyukta"Mom says and I sigh looking at my leg.
"You will be just fine after some time"he went away with some papers.
"D-da"is all i can manage to say looking around the room finding him missing.
"He is been asleep for 5days now,so have you but the Dr was expecting u to wake up any time."she explains.
I was sleeping for 5 days?
"He will be OK,though"she says taking my hand again,letting a tear fall down from her cheek.
'I don't care what hospital say but I know he is strong enough to wake up soon"She says taking my hand again and squeezing it,it sends a shoot of pain through me but I decided not to let it show for her sake.
After a few hours of just sitting Here,staring at the wall someone knocks at the door.Mom walk over to me"you have a visitor ,he said that he knows u from the college"that's when Randhir walks over to stand in front of me.My eyes widen.He shouldn't see me like this.shoot..shoot..
"Hey, Sanyukta"he says with a small smile.
"I heard u were in the hospital,and I was already in the town ,so I thought to see u"
*well I will give u two some time then"Mom says with a small smile and walk out of the room.
Randhir immediately walks over to my bed,and sits down taking my hand and entwining our fingers.
"I am a good story teller,huh?"He asks laughing a little.I roll my eyes at him and his smiles fades.
"I have came everyday hoping you would be awake,and u are sleeping,you scared me."He says brushing the hair away from my face His hands are light and cold,he looks down at my legs and sigh.
"Well,I guess I am going to have to help u around for a little while"
"What,b-bout haan?"
"As far as she knows I am just a friend,your dad is asleep and we don't know he will wake up"He says and a shoot of pain went through my stomach.I caused all of this ,didn't I?
"We can just keep this little secret going .if dad wakes up ,we will explain then.But I am going to do everything in my power to be able to see u."He leans down and press my forehead with his.
"I love u Sanyukta"He says and I am able to smile.
Every time that he is said that,I haven't been able
To say it back.
He kisses the top of my head and I winces in pain,he sighs and just hold my hand.
"Tomorrow we will start getting u to talk and walk"
"Just like a little kid"we both smiles
We now officially have another lie add to our book of little secrets...

......To be Continue in the next Part !!



Read Next Part 29 - Click Here


Read Previous Part 27 - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Our Writers Category