Part 48 - Our Little Secret by Harshita Malik

"Our Little Secret

By - Harshita Malik

Part - 48


Part-48...
OUR LITTLE SECRET....
I walk over and sit down on the bench.just when I feel my phone buzz.its mom.
"Hey mom,"
"Guess what sanyu,ur dad is recovering slowly. The Dr is saying that they will discharge him soon from here and then cancer treatment can be set up at home too.its so amazing na..'
"Its so so amazing mom,I am so happy'I say with tears of happiness and I am sure that flood has been occurred in hospital due to her tears.
"Well I will see u later tonight,so be safe."she says and thats when I notice Randhir walking towards me.
He comes closer and finally stood right in front of Me.the first thing I noticed are his beautiful eyes.
"Hey"He say
"Hey"
"How are u?"He ask.
"I am good,so is dad"I say trying to change the subject away from myself.
"Yeah,I go and visit him a lot"He says.That makes me a sharp pain go down my spine.
"Oh,I say"and he nods. I take my jacket off,and reach it towards him.He stare at it for a minute confused.
"Ur jacket"I say but he still doesn't move.
"I forgot it to give u back ."I explain and he rolls his eyes.
"Sanyukta, don't be foolish.put the stupid jacket before u freeze"He say.I throw the jacket on the bench ,refusing it to put back on.
"I am fine"I say
"Whatever". He says looking at the hospital.
"What did u want to talk about?"He ask after a minute trying to break the ice.
"I just wanted to give u ur jacket"I say with a small smile.
"Sanyu,I don't have much time."he say I stare at him for a minute before saying something back.
"Why?"I ask.
"Why what?"
"Why do u have to leave soon?"I ask.
"Meeting up with someone?"I added.
"No"He says trying to defend himself but it sounded like he was lying.
"I am sure u are getting ready to go in a date to meet up with ur new girlfreind"I say noticing how nicely he is dressed.
"Go ahead,*I say turning but he grabs my hand making me turn back around,and I jerk my hand back and look at him.
"Sanyukta,I know I might have overreacted some weeks ago on the thing about u and kapil,and iin ur eyes I am that bad guy but here u are doing the exact same thing"He said.I knew he was right but I didn't want to admit it to myself.
"Just go,I am done taking"I say turning around again and he runs in front of me to stop me.
"Well,I am not"He says.
"The reason why I have to leave so early is bcoz I have a plane to catch go back home.The reason why I am dressed so nice is bcoz I was getting to see u"he says and I just stand there staring at him.
"Now explain to me Sanyukta why the heck I would have another girlfriend when past week all I have done is try and get u back."he says and I still don't answer him.
"Thats like a monkey who is in love with a banana goes after a peach as soon as it drops it by accident."He says not really making sense at all and I know it said on purpose.I smile a little but immediately push it back.
"Then why are u going home?"I ask.
"Don't u think you would go home too if u knew u couldn't take knowing that someone who u care about doesn't even want to talk to u?"he ask calmer.he says it slow and with feeling. His words cut me deeper.
"Now why don't u say what u come to say?"he says.I sigh.
Just do it.
*I want to know why u did what u did"I say.he stare at me for a minute.
"Why u blew upon me and wouldn't even give me a chance to explain."I say He looks down at his feet and kicks a rock backwards.
"Bcoz I was upset,we hadn't talk for days and I missed u like crazy,I didn't call u first bcoz I thought u might be busy with ur dad.then when I heard that kapil's voice.
"I just didn't know what to think.I freaked out.and I let my anger get the best of me.I have regrets it ever since I hung up phone"He says finally looking up and locking eyes with me.
It gets quiet and he takes a step closer to me.
"U have no idea,how sorry j am"
Without me even saying yes,he continues it
"Are we good?"he ask.
"Randhir-"and I trail off.
"Why?'he ask.
"Bcoz everything with dad and then I have so much on my mind right now and I can't concentrates hardly ever,and I don't have to talk u or ever see you and I don't want to"
Before I could ever finish ,he cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine.
I stand there for a moment, frozen.He puts his hands on my cheek and takes another step closer.I can feel his body heat radiating off of him,and start to make me warm.His kiss was just as passionate and warm as they have always been.He pulls away not moving his hands and stare at me.
"Sanyukta,u overthink too much"He says and again kiss me.
And crazy as it might seem,I let him


......To be Continue in the next Part !!



Read Next Part 49 - Click Here


Read Previous Part 47 - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Our Writers Category